Every Campus Received a “Met Standard” Rating!
The Seven Harmony Districts Received six “A”s and one “B” Rating:
Dear Harmony School of Innovation-Katy Families,
As principal of Harmony School of Innovation-Katy it is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year. We are all excited to have students back in our classrooms. It is our mission to “prepare each student for higher education by providing a safe, caring, and collaborative atmosphere featuring a quality, student-centered educational program with a strong emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math.”
This year our key goal is “to maximize student achievement in all areas”. We know each student is an individual, bringing unique talents and needs to school every day. We pride ourselves on the opportunities that we have available to help each and every student child succeed. These opportunities are included in our academic programming, which ensures that each student is challenged appropriately while building a foundation of knowledge and skills. In addition to basic core subjects, students have access to electives, extracurricular activities and other resources that help them develop their strengths, interests and talents, whether in the arts, history, athletics, STEM, or other areas.
This work is not easy. But Harmony School of Innovation-Katy is a community of professionals. We all—teachers, administrators, school counselors, support staff and the many others working with us—are collaborating to create a safe, supportive, welcoming learning community where all students are treated fairly and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Families and other community members play a critical role as partners in supporting both your students at home and work in the schools. We look forward to working with you throughout the year to make important decisions that impact both your child as an individual and the school as a whole. As a start to this partnership, we hope you will join the PTA, attend a college information night and/or sign up for the numerous parent programs; Voly, Teacher Home Visits, Parent Academy, etc.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
I am looking forward to a great school year.
Click on the AP course syllabus or summer assignment to access the link.
- AP English Language Syllabus & AP English Language Summer Assignment
- AP Literature Syllabus & AP Literature Summer Assignment
- AP Calculus Syllabus & AP Calculus Summer Assignment
- AP Statistics Syllabus & AP Statistics Summer Assignment
- AP Biology Syllabus & AP Biology Summer Assignment
- AP Physics Summer Assignment
- AP Chemistry Syllabus & AP Chemistry Summer Assignment
- AP Environmental Science Syllabus & AP Environmental Science Summer Assignment
- AP Psychology Syllabus & AP Psychology Summer Assignment
- AP US Gov. Syllabus & AP US Gov. Summer Assignment
- AP US History Syllabus & AP US History Summer Assignment (A.P. Chpt 1 A.P. Chpt 2 A.P. Chpt 3)
- AP Human Geo Syllabus & AP Human Geo Summer Assignment (AP Hum Geo Chpt 1)
- AP Capstone Brochure & AP Capstone/Seminar Summer Assignment
- AP World History Syllabus & AP World History Summer Assignment
Immunizations for Incoming 7th graders: Please ensure that your child has all the necessary vaccinations prior to starting 7th grade on August 22nd. Please update vaccine records with the Ms. Contreras at email@example.com.
Students and parents can access individual STAAR results by following these instructions:
- Visit the TEA STAAR page at https://txparentportal.emetric.net/login click here
- Then enter your student’s unique access code.
- If you are unsure of this code, you can click the link to “Lookup Unique Access Code.”
- Enter your child’s SSN or PEIMS #. You can find the PEIMS # on your child’s previous paper STAAR report (mailed home after the previous years’ STAAR.)
Thanks to our local community partner, Big Frog of Katy, several items for school can be pre-ordered online. Place your order & pay online before the deadline, July 22, 2018. Pre-ordered items will be ready for pick up on campus before the beginning of 2018/19 school year. Please remember to indicate your student’s name and print your receipt . Click here to go directly to the HSI-Katy E-commerce Page.
***Uniform shirts and Harmony Cardigans sold at the school’s front office during summer business hours. Currently, Supply is limited until replacement order arrives in August 2018.***
HSI-Katy has four soccer teams: Boys and Girls Teams for Middle and High School. Athletes are expected to keep in shape by practicing with the cross country team or tryout and play on other HSI-Katy competitive sport teams.
Don’t miss out to be a Wildcat Volleyball Champion. Tryouts for all rising 7th – 12th graders. Click here on the volleyball flyer tryouts summer 2018 (1) for details and contact information. Go Wildcats!
Meet the policies outlined in the High School Academic Catalog, section IV on page 20-21 AND the campus based guidelines which are
- Receiving an A or B in prerequisite classes
- Satisfactory AP Testing history
To appeal an AP decision please click here AP Appeal Form to communicate your request for reconsideration. Appeal decisions are considered by the Advanced Academics Committee which meets again in August 2018.
Congrats to our Class of 2018 Scholars who have been accepted into these Universities/Colleges:
- Abraham D: Texas A&M, UT Austin
- Alexis A: Stephen F Austin, Sam Houston State, Texas State, Texas Tech
- Autumn M: Philander Smith College, Prairie View University, Lamar University, Sam Houston State
- Bryan R: Univ of Houston, Texas A&M, UT Austin
- Chelsea F: Norwich Univ, North American University, Pacific Lutheran University, Tulsa University
- Chiamaka A: Sam Houston State
- Christopher D: Univ of Houston Victoria
- Crystal M: Texas Tech, Lone Star College
- Curt Duane A: Univ of Houston, Houston Baptist University
- Daijon G: Univ of Houston, North American University
- Deyzhah K: Louisiana State, Texas State, Lamar University, University of Miami, Howard University, Prairie View A&M, UT Austin
- Geovanna N: Houston Community College, Lone Star College
- Jessika Q: NY Institute of Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Arizona State Univ, UT Dallas
- Jonathan C: Lone Star College
- Jose C: Univ of Houston, Texas A&M,Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Julian V: Univ of Houston, Sam Houston State
- Karen V: Sam Houston State, Stephen F Austin, Texas State Univ.
- Keeran M: Sam Houston State, Univ of Houston, Lone Star College
- Mercedes D: Brigham Young University, Sam Houston State, Texas Tech, UT Austin-capped, UT Dallas
- Meriem M: Univ of Houston, Nazareth College
- Morgan L: Univ. of Houston, UT Austin, Wesleyan University, Macalester Univ, Reed College
- Nuray Merve D: Houston Community College
- Rachel E: Lamar University, Univ of Houston Clear lake, Lamar University, UT Austin, University of Houston
- Rachel M: Baylor Univ, UT Austin, UT Dallas, MIT, Johns Hopkins Univ, Washington University in St. Louis, Yale University, Dartmouth College, Cornell Univ, Columbia Univ, Univ of Pennsylvania, Duke Univ, Rice Univ.
- Raheem M: UT Austin, Texas A&M, Baylor Univ
- Ricardo S: Houston Community College
- Robert W: Univ of Houston, North American University, Sam Houston State, Univ of Houston Victoria, Houston Community College
- Rumaysah P: Texas State, UT San Antonio, Florida International University
- Tamaraemomotimi Z: Texas Tech, Univ of Houston, Univ of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Texas A&M, UT Austin
- Tanner S: Stanford University
- Tanya C: Sam Houston State, Stephen F Austin, Texas Tech
- Teresa P: Lone Star College
- Triniti O: Sam Houston State, Texas State, Townson University, Marymount Manhattan College, Point Park University, UT Austin
- Umar K: Univ of Houston, UT Austin, Houston Baptist University
- Wazir A: Univ. of Houston, UT Austin, Houston Baptist University
- Wesley L: Texas A&M, UT Austin, Univ of Houston
- Yamilex T: Lone Star College, Wharton County Junior College