Every Campus Received a “Met Standard” Rating!
The Seven Harmony Districts Received six “A”s and one “B” Rating:
Dear Harmony School of Innovation-Katy Families,
As principal of Harmony School of Innovation-Katy it is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year. We are all excited to have students back in our classrooms. It is our mission to “prepare each student for higher education by providing a safe, caring, and collaborative atmosphere featuring a quality, student-centered educational program with a strong emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math.”
This year our key goal is “to maximize student achievement in all areas”. We know each student is an individual, bringing unique talents and needs to school every day. We pride ourselves on the opportunities that we have available to help each and every student child succeed. These opportunities are included in our academic programming, which ensures that each student is challenged appropriately while building a foundation of knowledge and skills. In addition to basic core subjects, students have access to electives, extracurricular activities and other resources that help them develop their strengths, interests and talents, whether in the arts, history, athletics, STEM, or other areas.
This work is not easy. But Harmony School of Innovation-Katy is a community of professionals. We all—teachers, administrators, school counselors, support staff and the many others working with us—are collaborating to create a safe, supportive, welcoming learning community where all students are treated fairly and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Families and other community members play a critical role as partners in supporting both your students at home and work in the schools. We look forward to working with you throughout the year to make important decisions that impact both your child as an individual and the school as a whole. As a start to this partnership, we hope you will join the PTA, attend a college information night and/or sign up for the numerous parent programs; Voly, Teacher Home Visits, Parent Academy, etc.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
I am looking forward to a great school year.
Click on the AP course syllabus or summer assignment to access the link.
- AP English Language Syllabus & AP English Language Summer Assignment
- AP Literature Syllabus & AP Literature Summer Assignment
- AP Calculus Syllabus & AP Calculus Summer Assignment
- AP Statistics Syllabus & AP Statistics Summer Assignment
- AP Biology Syllabus & AP Biology Summer Assignment
- AP Physics Summer Assignment
- AP Chemistry Syllabus & AP Chemistry Summer Assignment
- AP Environmental Science Syllabus & AP Environmental Science Summer Assignment
- AP Psychology Syllabus & AP Psychology Summer Assignment
- AP US Gov. Syllabus & AP US Gov. Summer Assignment
- AP US History Syllabus & AP US History Summer Assignment (A.P. Chpt 1 A.P. Chpt 2 A.P. Chpt 3)
- AP Human Geo Syllabus & AP Human Geo Summer Assignment (AP Hum Geo Chpt 1)
- AP Capstone Brochure & AP Capstone/Seminar Summer Assignment
- AP World History Syllabus & AP World History Summer Assignment
Immunizations for Incoming 7th graders: Please ensure that your child has all the necessary vaccinations prior to starting 7th grade on August 22nd. Please update vaccine records with the Ms. Contreras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students and parents can access individual STAAR results by following these instructions:
- Visit the TEA STAAR page at https://txparentportal.emetric.net/login click here
- Then enter your student’s unique access code.
- If you are unsure of this code, you can click the link to “Lookup Unique Access Code.”
- Enter your child’s SSN or PEIMS #. You can find the PEIMS # on your child’s previous paper STAAR report (mailed home after the previous years’ STAAR.)
Thanks to our local community partner, Big Frog of Katy, several items for school can be pre-ordered online. Place your order & pay online before the deadline, July 22, 2018. Pre-ordered items will be ready for pick up on campus before the beginning of 2018/19 school year. Please remember to indicate your student’s name and print your receipt . Click here to go directly to the HSI-Katy E-commerce Page.
***Uniform shirts and Harmony Cardigans sold at the school’s front office during summer business hours. Currently, Supply is limited until replacement order arrives in August 2018.***
Don’t miss out to be a Wildcat Volleyball Champion. Tryouts for all rising 7th – 12th graders. Click here on the volleyball flyer tryouts summer 2018 (1) for details and contact information. Go Wildcats!
Meet the policies outlined in the High School Academic Catalog, section IV on page 20-21 AND the campus based guidelines which are
- Receiving an A or B in prerequisite classes
- Satisfactory AP Testing history
To appeal an AP decision please click here AP Appeal Form to communicate your request for reconsideration. Appeal decisions are considered by the Advanced Academics Committee which meets again in August 2018.
There will be two teams next year, a high school team and a middle school team. Please read more to learn about the selection process and commitment. Please visit Ms. Fatih to sign up so you can stay informed on the test dates and application process. Let her know you are interested before May 30, 2018.
Start the summer with the HSI-Katy sponsored camp June 4-6, 2018: Click here to view the Flyer- HSI Katy Summer Basketball 3 Day Mini Camp 2018
Also open to the community are: